NEW YORK, July 26, 2021 — In 2016, then Vice President Joe Biden announced the launch of the National Cancer Moonshot. This initiative has the goal of making a decade’s worth of progress in just five years in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, a disease that takes 1,800 lives per day. Now that five years have elapsed, it’s time to assess the progress that’s been made.
On July 29 at 4 p.m. EDT/ 1 p.m. PDT, FORCE Family Office is convening a panel of influential voices to give an update on the Moonshot to our members, including:
- Greg Simon: Executive Director for both the Biden Cancer Initiative, the White House Cancer Moonshot Task Force, and co-author of the soon-to-be-released book “The Moonshot and Beyond”
- Brian Frenzel: CEO of Tosk, a biopharmaceutical company developing medications to reduce the side effects of cancer
- Dr. Stacy Blain: Chief Science Officer and co-founder of Concarlo, a biopharmaceutical company developing solutions for drug-resistant breast cancer
- Lannia Stenz: Executive Director of Gilda’s Club, Madison, a non-profit that provides free emotional support and educational resources to anyone who has been affected by cancer
Managed by the National Cancer Institute, the Moonshot has several ongoing initiatives including:
- Minimizing Cancer Treatment’s Debilitating Side Effects
- Developing Ways to Overcome Therapeutic Resistance
- Establishing a Network for Direct Patient Engagement
- Creating Adult and Pediatric Immunotherapy Networks
- And many more
- To learn about the incredible progress that’s being made to achieve these goals and hear about developments that are on the horizon register for the free event or visit forcefamilyoffice.com/events.
About FORCE Family Office
FORCE is the largest network of Family Offices, Foundations, Endowments, and individual accredited investors in the United States. They introduce members of their network to leaders of public companies and privately held businesses at the capital acquisition stage. In addition, they facilitate co-investment opportunities, information sharing, philanthropy, and networking among their elite, peer-to-peer community.