About the Event
When congress passed the 21st Century Cures Act in 2016, it quickly became known as the Cancer Moonshot, and had the goal of making a decade’s worth of progress in just five years in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, a disease that takes 1,800 lives per day.
Managed by the National Cancer Institute, the Moonshot has several ongoing initiatives including:
- Minimizing Cancer Treatment’s Debilitating Side Effects
- Developing Ways to Overcome Therapeutic Resistance
- Establishing a Network for Direct Patient Engagement
- Creating Adult and Pediatric Immunotherapy Networks
- And many more
FORCE has brought together a panel of influential voices to give an update on the Moonshot to our members, including:
- Greg Simon: Executive Director for both the Biden Cancer Initiative, the White House Cancer Moonshot Task Force, and co-author of the soon-to-be-released book “The Moonshot and Beyond”
- Brian Frenzel: CEO of Tosk a biopharmaceutical company that’s developing medications to reduce the side effects of cancer
- Dr. Stacy Blain: Chief Science Officer and co-founder of Concarlo, a biopharmaceutical company developing solutions for drug-resistant breast cancer
- Lannia Stenz: Executive Director of Gilda’s Club, Madison, a non-profit that provides free emotional support and educational resources to anyone who’s been affected by cancer.
Join our webinar to learn about the incredible progress that’s being made to achieve these goals and what is still on the horizon.